Like the animal it was named for, our White Rhino Matcha can give you an energy charge to finish that job that may be draining you. Produced in the highest elevations of Kenya from the Assam jats, large leaf white tea leaves are stone ground into this antioxidant rich powder house. Rich flavor emits from the whisking of this matcha powder into a cup with pleasing grassy notes and beautiful flora undertones. As with the green matcha, consuming the entire leaf adds to the already tremendous health benefits of tea.
- Great Source of Antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease
- Studies have indicated white tea could protect against certain types of cancer
- White Tea has been shown to reduce cholesterol
- May decrease blood pressure
- White Tea contains about 1% of the caffeine level of coffee
Keyan Matcha White Tea
Place 1/2 to 1 tsp. of Matcha (~1 to 2 bamboo spoonfuls) in a Matcha bowl. Then pour oz. of steaming hot water (~180 °F). Rapidly stir with bamboo whisk until the beverage becomes foamy at the top. An alternative method is to shake in a bottle. Matcha can be used in many cooking recipes as well.