his artisan tea coming from Japan shows the true ingenuity of the Japanese to take something great and make it better. The growing practices for Gyokuro were first established in the 1800’s by shading the tea plants early in the spring for 20 days then carefully plucking the exact leaves to make this exceptional green tea. Gyokuro produces a wonderful briny undertone with just enough astringency and vegetal flavor to show off the exceptional tea and growing methods. Enjoy this tea especially after a fine light meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
- Great source of Antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease
- Studies show green tea consumption can aide in decreasing blood pressure
- May aid in lowering cholesterol
- May help in promoting the immune system
- Has approximately 5-10% of the caffeine content of coffee
Sencha Premium GyokuroCountry of Origin:
Japan (Shizuoka Prefecture)Brewing Instructions:
use 1 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 175°F (just below boiling) and steep for 1-3 minutes. If brewed longer than 2 minutes, Gyokuro will become bitter (so we strongly recommend less that 2 minutes for brewing). If bolder flavor is desired, increase the amount of tea used.